Porsche 356 Production History
The 15 year production period ranged from Early 1950 until September 1965 and included 5 different model types.
The Porsche 356A was built from October 1955 through to 1957 and was known as the Type T1. From 1957 it was renamed the Type T2 until production ceased in October 1959. The 356A came with the following engine options: 1600, 1600 S, 1600 GS Carrera “de Luxe” and 1500 GS Carrera “Gran Turismo”.
This particular car was completed at Stuttgart, Zuffenhausen in March 1958 and supplied new as a Left Hand Drive model to the America market. According to the Certificate of Authenticity the car originally left the factory with Silver Metallic (5706) body colour and Green Leatherette interior.
This fully matching numbers car is presented today in original colour scheme including the rare and desirable US spec bumpers.
Registered new into US in July 1958 this wonderful 356A spent its life in the West Coast of America. According to the Porsche 356 registry Chassis number 103366 was previously owned by Porsche engine builder Al Lager and Porsche endurance racing driver Milt Minter.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a beautifully presented 356A T2 Coupe in outstanding condition throughout, complete with, original tools, jack and radio.
Imported to the UK in late 2015 she has only covered 1200 miles since it’s restoration.
In 2015 the car was subject to a full restoration by a marque specialist in California. All works carried out on the car are presented in a comprehensive restoration file and supported by a large number of invoices.
UK registered with MOT and historic vehicle tax status, ready for immediate use.
For more information about this Porsche 356A Coupe for sale in Newport Pagnell, or to arrange an appointment, please contact our sales team on 01908 216661 or 07956 349877.