This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Export 56 Ltd. the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
||means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by
Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
||means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other
form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of
this Web Site;
||means a small text file placed on your computer by Export 56 Ltd. when you visit certain parts
of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing
habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used
to store your shopping basket. Further details are contained in Clause 10 and [Schedule 1]
OR [Schedules 1 and 2] of this Policy;
||means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not
limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
||means Export 56 Ltd trading as Export 56,Tickford House, Tickford Street, Newport
Pagnell, Bucks, MK16 9BJ;
||means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Export 56 makes
available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
||means any online communications infrastructure that Export 56 Ltd. makes available through
the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email,
message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
|“User” / “Users”
||means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Export 56 Ltd. and
acting in the course of their employment; and
||means the website that you are currently using (www.export56.com) and any sub-domains of
this site (e.g. subdomain.www.export56.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms
- Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- 1 name;
- 2 date of birth;
- 3 gender;
- 4 job title;
- 5 profession;
- 6 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 7 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 8 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 9 IP address (automatically collected);
- 10 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 11 operating system (automatically collected);
- 12 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 13 Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
- Our Use of Data
- 1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Export 56 Ltd. for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 6 months.
- 2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- 3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Fore more details on security, see Clause 9 below.
- 4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 4.1 internal record keeping;
- 4.2 improvement of our products / services;
- 4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- 4.4 contact for market research purposes, which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
- Third Party Web Sites and Services
Export 56 Ltd. may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Export 56 Ltd. requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- 1 Export 56 Ltd. may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- 2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will not be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
- Controlling Access to your Data
- 1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- 1.1 use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- 1.2 sharing Data with third parties.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- 1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
- Accessing your own Data
- 1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- 2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
- 1 Data security is of great importance to Export 56 Ltd. and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. for a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/ goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- 1 Export 56 Ltd. may set and access first-party Cookies on your computer. Cookies that may be placed on your computer are detailed in Schedule 1 to this Policy. These Cookies are integral to the services provided by the Web Site to you.
- 2 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
- 3 You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
10.4 [The Web Site uses the third-party Cookies detailed in Schedule 2 to this Policy for the purposes described therein. These Cookies are not integral to the services provided by the Web Site to you and may be blocked at your choosing via your internet browser’s privacy settings. Please ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your browser if you are unsure as to how to adjust your privacy settings.]